martes, 4 de agosto de 2009

Travelling taught me

It's hard to start, all of a sudden, explaining what I lived in each of my trips. It's even harder to be thorough with every detail of the circumstances I went through. Anyway, today I feel capable and able to share these moments that were a turning point in my life and made me the person I am today: a travel lover.


My studies in Tourism and Hotel Management were initiated thanks to a cultural exchange through AFS in Austria. The province where I had to live for a year, go to school and stay with a host family, was Burgenland, south of Vienna.

The knowledge I had of German, one of the official languages in Austria, was less than basic. I could barely utter a greeting or thank someone. Soon after, because of school lessons being in German and direct contact with Austrians, I started to express myself in that language. When I returned to Peru, I already knew how to communicate and I felt very proud of learning the language.


Travelling through Europe, I started valuing much of what Peru had always offered and I had always underestimated or taken for granted. For that reason, I gradually realised that I wanted to help improve the situation of my country, somehow show the entire world the beautiful land I come from. I realised I wanted to dedicate myself to the tourism industry.


I started by studying Tourism Management, and the modules related to Eco-tourism and Sustainable Tourism were always my favourites. I felt committed. I continued my studies in Austria, and while being there, felt more and more in love with the idea of starting an Eco-tourism organisation.


I came back to Peru two years ago, with my diploma, and the truth is I felt very happy to start building the dream I've had for the past few years. I worked first with three other companies, where I learned a lot and I was brought closer to the reality of Tourism in this country. My projects persisted, more intense each time... until I made up my mind, and now I'm here.


EcoTripsPeru is the result of a collective effort, of young open and creative minds. Let's say that I planted the seed, but this would have never happened without the support of everyone who collaborated with ideas, suggestions, their time and effort.


What can I say? My life has been a great journey and will continue to be one. Through this Blog, I will be posting stories, suggestions and insider tips I could and will gather from my trips to different destinations. In this way, you'll get to know more about me and our organisation EcoTripsPeru.

Come with me?

No hay comentarios: